When we spend our lives waiting until we're perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our backs on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bryce Canyon






On September 28 I went to Bryce Canyon to conduct sound research. We went to several locations and either placed a recording device or we got out a palm pilot and took note of what sort of noises we heard. The software then will record how long that certain noise is heard until we deselect it. The first spot we went to was absolutely silent except for natural noises...and a few man made noises that were brief. It was so quiet I could hear my ears ringing and thought I would be driven mad from that. But as you can see I am here and perfectly sane. Or am I...My trip in Bryce ended with a thunder storm that came rolling in. Nothing could have been better than that. We were sitting in absolute silence except for natural noises and then every now and then you would hear thunder. Although I became a little worried about being caught because I didn't want my camera ruined so we decided to high tell it out of there. As soon as we got to the car it started pouring. Talk about good timing.































































1 comment:

Maddy Grace said...

I am SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS