When we spend our lives waiting until we're perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our backs on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jacob's Ladder (the long way)

In October Marcus and I went walking through hills that separate Alpine from Draper. After looking at Google Earth we realized that the trail we were on would lead us to another hike called Jacob's Ladder which is below Lone Peak and that Trail leads you to the Lone Rock which either looks like a thumb or Jaba the Hut. I renamed the rock Jaba the Rock. I got a laugh from Marcus on that. 
Here you can see me coming up this incline. I believe I had to stop and catch my breath for a moment. The crazy thing was we were level with the mountain you can drive up and over to get into the Salt Lake Valley. We were kind of proud that we had walked all the way up that distance in the space of a few hours.
A view of Highland and Utah Lake.
Here is Marcus practicing his sexy look. Apparently he got bored waiting for me. 
A view of Jacob's Ladder I believe.

Panoramic's we took of the surrounding areas.
 The wind was pretty chilly. Glad I had this wind breaker with me. Too bad I didn't bring a beanie like Marcus did.
One last photo before we decided to turn around. We didn't have much food or water with us so we decided to head back. 

Beautiful views of Timp. and the mountains that surround Alpine.

It was a nice hike. It was really cool to see the different views of Lone Peak and all the hills that you would never know were there. We also got a great view of the Salt Lake Valley.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures!