We had considered going to Snowbird or Park City, but Marcus saw an advertisement for a condo in Afton Wyoming. It looked nice enough and you could play golf for free at the local golf course. I told him that it is his trip and he needed to make the final call. He decided on Afton mainly so we could have access to a full kitchen and because it was somewhere new, out of the way, and random.
On May 5th we packed up and headed to Afton. We decided to take a more scenic route to Afton. You could go up through Bear Lake, but we decided to take a different route because we have driven through that area. The drive was beautiful once you got out of Preston :)
One thing that I have learned about myself is that I would not be able to stand living in a town/city that was smaller than Cedar City. Even then that is pushing it. I'm not even that thrilled with living in Logan. I love being close to the country and mountains, but my goodness there really isn't many places to shop/browse.
Marcus and I relaxed, golfed, and saw one of the world's largest intermittent springs. We didn't take any pictures while golfing, but I have to say for my first time I thought I did pretty good! I just need more practice with those blasted irons grrrrr!
Here are some pictures of our hike:
We had no idea how far away the spring was and I was concerned about the sprinkling rain turning into a downpour. Luckily the rain stopped and we were able to find the intermittent spring! Getting a closer look proved a bit more difficult because the snow had not fully melted. At one point I sunk up to my knee and Marcus had to pull me out of the snow! Here is the sign we found to let us know we really found the spring.
I will post just a picture of the spring so you can see it better and provide another collage of the photos we took while we were there. Just so you also know that wall of snow is really really big. The picture does not do it justice!
Here are some more pictures of the spring. In fact there is a story to go along with a closer picture Marcus got of the mossy rocks. On the left side of the picture above Marcus climbed up a rocky ledge to get a picture. I was so pissed at him for doing something dangerous. At least I convinced him not to climb up the snowy wall for fear that he would fall in and die! I was glad when he got down off the rocky ledge shudder!!! I believe one of the pictures he took is the bottom middle. The really cool picture on the top left is where the spring is coming through the giant snow wall.
We loved our little hike and had so much fun taking in all the scenery. I am also glad that I did not become a widow that day because Marcus is such a poop brain. Here is one final picture we had to take while we were in Afton. When we went looking for a grocery store we came across this giant ice mountain someone had made in their yard. It was huge! Sorry we didn't want to take a picture of this giant antler rack in the middle of their town. It is supposed to be one of the biggest in the world...I think.
Good bye Afton! We will probably never see you again :)


No comments:
Post a Comment