When we spend our lives waiting until we're perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our backs on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Valentine's Day
I will upfront apologize for the lack of pictures. I realized at the last moment that my camera's battery was dead. Before I tell you all how fabulous my Valentine's Day was this year I will first regale you all with the story of how horrible last Valentine's Day was. First off I started my day off with going to my internship. I then came home and saw Marcus for maybe an hour at the most and then spent the rest of my day in classes. When I finally got done with classes at 7:00 pm Marcus was already at work. I then spent the rest of the time probably doing homework. I cannot really remember what I did, but that is probably a pretty accurate answer. So yeah that day really sucked, especially with it being the first Valentine's Day we celebrated as a married couple. We were both determined to not have another repeat. Marcus was able to take the day off (a perk we did not have last year). I then went to my internship from 9:00 to 3:00 and then came home to spend the rest of the day having fun with Marcus. Marcus first played with his gift. I got him Metroid Prime 3 for the Wii. He absolutely loves it and says I am the best wife ever! Marcus bought me a book that I have wanted called, "Bring up Bebe." It is a book about an American mother who lives in France and noticed some different cultural practices with raising kids that fall along similar thoughts that I have with how I would like to raise my kids. I have so far enjoyed my reading :). After we enjoyed our gifts we went out to one of our favorite places to get food, the Pita Pit. After our food we went ice skating. I haven't had that much fun in ages. As we left the ice skating rink to grab some dessert we both looked at each other and said, "Oh my gosh so this is a glimpse of how wonderful life will be when I'm not in school and Marcus is not working a swing shift!" Truly that day was so refreshing and we both needed it! I have to say life after graduation is looking to be a wonderful thing :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh I wanted to read that book too, glad to hear you like it so far! Sounds like a great valentine's day for you guys!
Glad you guys had a good V-day!
Post a Comment