When we spend our lives waiting until we're perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our backs on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why Try Program Evaluation paper

After a week and three days I finally found out what I got on this research paper I have been working on all semester.  It was actually kind of funny how this all happened.  For a week and two days I have been obsessively checking blackboard (an online server to submit work through) to see if I got my paper back.  Well yesterday night I saw that I got my paper back.  As I waited for the page to load I saw that my professor had given me another person's paper.  My thoughts were along the line of, "DANG IT!!!!  Hey they got a pretty good grade....maybe I shouldn't even say anything."  I ended up emailing my professor and then when I got home from work at 9:00 pm I finally was able to check my email.  I then found out that I got an A on my paper.  I was completely ecstatic.  This professor is very difficult in her grading, and to get an A made me so happy.  I worked very hard on that paper and it was so neat to see my hard work pay off.  Here is what my professor wrote in a comment box on my paper:

Shannon, Great job! I didn’t really make any comments below. It was very nicely organized, well written, and clear. You did an excellent job putting it all together! Grade: A

I can almost feel tears come to my eyes...ok not really, but I am very proud of my work.  I remember a year ago that I included a screen shot of my last research paper so I think I will do the same for this one.   

2 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

AWESOME job Shannon! Sorry I missed your call the other day, I think I was with clients :(

Maddy Grace said...

YAY!!!! I am glad the rest of the world is finally seeing and coming to understand what I have known for years.... YOU ARE AWESOME!