Marcus and I have completed our first day of classes, and so far so good. According to Marcus he likes the classes in his new major which is Professional and Technical Writing. I am pretty excited for this year because I will finally be delving into the specifics of conducting therapy. I am so happy I am getting down to applicable practical things because in a short period of 8 months I will be entering the professional world.
Besides taking classes Marcus is still working at Thermo Fisher and I am working at a place called The Child and Family Support Center. The main mission of my agency is to strengthen families and protect children. I will be doing a myriad of things while I am there ranging from giving Good Touch Bad Touch presentations at elementary schools, running a group for teenagers called "Why Try?", a women's group, individual therapy, and many other things. I think the one thing that makes me the most nervous is when I am given the Crisis phone which I have to answer from 7 pm to 8:30 am. I hope I don't get very many colorful calls at 3 am. Keep your fingers crossed.
Well the last thing to update which has been very exciting for Marcus and I is that we finally have the internet! It has been so nice being able to conveniently check email and be able to get things for school. So now that we have the internet maybe I will be able to blog more frequently and maybe even have pictures. Oh and by the way just for those who have not seen me I had my hair chopped off. This was right after Marcus picked me up from my appointment. The one thing that was hard with this haircut was changing my part. So if you think my hair looks funny that may be why. My hair has been very very stubborn with changing, but it is starting to part my way now hehe.

2 comments:
Good luck this year!
So what's the answer? "Why try?"?
Good luck with your classes and work! I would be nervous about the late night calls too!!
Also, welcome to the net!! :)
Post a Comment