When we spend our lives waiting until we're perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our backs on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

My presentation


I gave a presentation yesterday on Anorexia Nervosa and it went really well. I had so much to say on the subject and I could have probably presented for the whole time alloted to the group, which was 50 minutes. Eating disorders are a big problem and they are truly heinous despicable disorders that destroy the soul. My heart aches for individuals that are lost to this disorder and nothing calls more to me than gaining all the education possible to reach out to these individuals. The horror that lies within their own mind is almost unbelievable. Sadly I have friends that are captives of their own mind. There pain is manifested through depression and their pain is overwhelming when I put myself in their shoes. Never underestimate the power of the mind. It can do glorious things and we have not even tapped into what our brains can do but one thing I do know is that it also has the power to do unspeakable damage.

No comments: