When we spend our lives waiting until we're perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our backs on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Update

It has been forever since I have blogged. I feel like I have been in survival mode for quite some time. First it was surviving at my previous job. Then I was able to get another job at a wonderful place, but learning how they do things has been stressful. I don't know if other careers are better at training, but it seems that being a therapist you get tossed into things and you get told, "Didn't you know about this" "You should have been doing this" etc.

Also the learning curve has been huge at this new job. At my previous job I was in substance abuse with adults. Now I work with people ranging from three years old to adult. I have been learning new modalities such as play therapy, sand tray therapy, art therapy, EMDR, Emotion Focused Therapy, attachment etc. A lot of these things I was introduced to in school, but learning something in school and applying to actual people is very different.

Even though I have been feeling overwhelmed it is amazing to look back at where I have come from. I feel like I have put together so many more pieces in helping others. Well enough about work stuff. I will post a list of all the things that I can think of that has happened since I last posted.
  • Trip to Hawaii in November 2014
  • New job March 16, 2015 
  • Fifth anniversary May 22, 2015
  • Trip to Scotland June 2015
  • Trip to St. George and hung out with my sister and her family July 2015
  • Camping trip August 2015 in Idaho
  • Trip to Portland October 2015
Those are all the big things that I can think of that has happened since I last posted. I will try to get pictures up, but honestly I keep forgetting to get pictures from everyone else who took pictures. I never take pictures these days. 

No comments: