When we spend our lives waiting until we're perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our backs on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make.

Monday, January 25, 2010

a wedding is coming!!!!

So this is all just a funny situation that I am in.  I am engaged but I'm not.  Some people see it and others say not until the ring.  So I am getting all of these wedding plans going despite the weirdness of my situation and this is what is planned so far...

I have my reception center booked it will be at Le Jardin in the Chatteau.  It is so awesome I cannot wait to see what it all looks like at the end.  If you want an idea of what it will look like click on this link and you can watch the movie presentation. http://www.roseshopinc.com/lejardin/prv.php.  The greenhouse I will be in is the one where it shows a giant gazebo type thing.

The next thing is I have a dress...yeah ya heard me I have my sweet awesome dress.  Here is a picture of it.  I think that I look better than the model in the dress but I won't be able to post pictures of it until I get it later in March and then I will have to have a few alterations done to make sure it fits me.


I also have my photographers and videographers.  I am having Jaylynn's take my pictures and Remember when for my video.  I am so excited and I cannot believe I have all of this out of the way.  I am about finalized on my colors so I will let you all know when that is taken care of.  Here is a picture of some of the flowers I was thinking about having for my bouquet.



And lastly but very important the shoes I will be wearing.  I hope they work and I think they will plus they will actually be pretty comfortable.  I decided against high heels because 1) I am already pretty tall 2) I didn't want to pay extra to add material to my wedding dress because it just covered my feet enough that if I were to add a shoe with any sort of heel I would be in trouble and 3) who the heck wants to be in heels all day I mean that would hurt!!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Shannon congratulations!! Don't worry, I had a lot of things planned before I was "offically" engaged too! I am so excited for you! When are you getting married?!

Kaitlyn said...

So cute! It's going to be a beautiful wedding! Love the dress! Planning things ahead of the engagement is smart....that way, you're not like a chicken with your head cut off two months before the marriage...you're saving money, too!

Kristine Pratt said...

Hey Shannon, I can't get the reception center website to work are you sure that's the one. The pictures of your trip look great. Can't wait to come home for the wedding.

Maddy Grace said...

love it...its funny i know I was there for all of it but I still lover hearing about it

Shannon said...

The website was down for a couple of days it should work now